Song of Atlanta holds its annual Young Women in Harmony "Diva Day" Music Festival in the month of January. This festival teaches the skills, the joy and the rewards of performing and singing four-part harmony in the barbershop style.
Important Facts about the Festival:
- The event consists of a morning and afternoon clinic and rehearsal
- There is a public performance in the late afternoon with Song of Atlanta and the Festival chorus
- There is a registration fee. Female students who are currently enrolled in a high school choral music program are elegible to participate.
- Sweet Adelines and Song of Atlanta cover the remaining costs for all sheet music, learning CDs, rehearsal facilities,guest clinicians and performance costumes
- Lunch and dinner are included for all participants
- About 8 weeks prior to the Festival, participants will receive sheet music and practice recordings for several songs arranged in the barbershop style. This music will be used as the platform for the Festival
- For more information, contact Lindsay Durden at email@example.com.